No, I am not yet in India, still in Germany, but I thought I share this with you, as most of you had to listen to me talking about my better half and what he is brave enough to do. These are the first pictures from the expedition. They are not mine, I am shamelessly 'borrowing' them from Gerry G. (Thanks!!), who posted them on www.irishmountaineeringclub.org. So if you want to know all about the technical details of the adventures of the Irish India-Himalaya Expedition you have to have a look there.
Back row, L to R: Craig Scarlett, Paul Mitchell, Masthi (Liaison Officer), Darach Ó Murchú
Front row, L to R: Manbadhur (cook's helper), Gerry Galligan, Raj Kumar (cook)
For all the others, I am just posting the pictures. The mountain the guys made their first ascent on is 6135m high and located in the Upper Debsa valley of Spiti (Northern India). They summited on June, 22nd at noon. It was done alpine style (some of you might know what this means) and are proposing to call the mountain 'Ramabang' - meaning place of Rama (a Hindu god). Well, guys, we all linked to you are really proud of you and Congratulations!
...I hope Paul has taken off that beard when I see him in Delhi!
...I hope Paul has taken off that beard when I see him in Delhi!
River crossing
1 comment:
Hi Paul,
gratulation for the happy end
and victory at the mountain!!
your`s Ursula
Post a Comment